Facebook is seeking an experienced engineer (or planner) with demonstrated project management expertise to manage infrastructure, circulation, and operational projects for Facebook’s Transportation team. This role includes taking projects from concept to implementation, coordinating studies, and overseeing project managers and consultants. It also includes helping define best practices, establish processes, and implement efficiency measures.This is a fast-paced, highly-collaborative environment with various stakeholders and consultants throughout the process. This role is critical to the continued success as the program scales and will help coordinate studies and pilots to improve and expand on the programs and services provided. This role reports to the Campus Connectivity Manager (Transportation Planning and Optimization Manager) and would serve as lead for project management.
- Provide transportation project management oversight for planning, design, and implementation of infrastructure, circulation, and operational transportation projects.
- Form and coordinate project teams including internal and cross-functional partners, engineers, consultants, architects, contractors, and other project team members to meet project goals and other requirements.
- Manage preparation and analysis of traffic studies, surveying, transportation demand management plans, and other technical studies for transportation.
- Review relevant studies, reports, and technical information and effectively communicate complex and highly technical specifications in an easy to understand manner.
- Provide coordination with the Projects Team on any construction or development projects impacting transportation to ensure compliance with transportation design guidelines and appropriate mitigations and facilities are in place.
- Review construction mitigation and traffic control plans to ensure safe and efficient operations during construction and other disruptions.
- Work collaboratively with multiple local and regional stakeholders, including municipalities, public agencies (such as Caltrans or SamTrans) and other partners to support transportation project success.
- Manage and be responsible for the scope, schedule, and budget for transportation projects.
- Develop and maintain a system to properly document project plans, reports, and other project requirements.
- Assist with preparation of presentation materials for internal and external meetings, including community meetings and interaction with the public.
- Manage and assist with executing changes to the contract documents, drawing submissions, change orders, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management, Architecture, or related field
- 10+ years experience in project management, including the planning, design, and construction processes
- 5+ years experience in transit, transportation, or infrastructure related projects
- Collaboration skills and experience working both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of and experience with CEQA
- Organized and experience managing time and priorities with competing deadlines and multiple projects at different stages of development/implementation
- Experience building relationships in all levels of the company
- Experience in customer service
- Master's degree in Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management, Architecture, or related field
- Experience with budget planning and tracking
- Experience with Microsoft Project or other project management tools
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].