Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our “Be the Difference” culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?
The AAA Four Diamond award-winning Chaminade Resort & Spa is a spectacular mountaintop retreat in Santa Cruz. Our historic Mission-style resort overlooks sweeping views of Monterey Bay and the Santa Cruz Mountains. Chaminade has an exciting opportunity for you!
What you will have an opportunity to do:
The Server will take and deliver food order providing prompt, courteous service for our guests.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you!
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
- Interact with guests to take drink and food orders.
- Communicate with kitchen for food ordering.
- Ensure prompt delivery of food to the guest’s table.
- Have working knowledge of liquor, beer, wine and food that is served at the property. Suggest pairings of food to wine or beer.
- Handle all checks and cash according to procedures.
- Ensure cleanliness of restaurant including polished flatware, clean glassware and plates.
- Be familiar with all property amenities and other restaurants.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Help out in other areas of the restaurant, including seating guests.
- Maintain perfectly crisp uniform.
- Greet guests as they enter restaurant.
- Assist the Food and Beverage department as needed.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class resort!
What are we looking for?
Formal Education and Job Related Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years’ restaurant experience preferred.
- High volume experience.
- Good food and service knowledge.
- Extensive wine knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.