Our client in Sunnyvale, California has an opportunity for a Test Engineer in their New Product Verification Division.
Job Title: Test Engineer, New Product Verification
Primary Function of Position:
The New Product Verification Department is devoted to assuring safe, reliable, and effective products that exceed patient, surgeon, and hospital expectations. The department plays a vital role in product and process quality, in new product development and production, and in the quality of da Vinci Surgical System product lines, including endoscopic instrumentation, and supporting accessories. The Test Engineer will work with a team of dedicated individuals within New Product Development and New Product Verification to assure quality of new designs; to identify issues related to new designs and processes, and to work with Test Engineers to develop harmonized test methods.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Test Fixture Development
• Designs test fixtures and other test aids needed to perform Design Verification and Life/Reliabilty tests
• Identifies processes and test methods that could benefit from new or updated fixture designs
• Works with Test Engineers and Design Engineers to develop concepts and approaches to fixture designs
• Responsible for documentation of fixtures utilizing SolidWorks; release of documents into Agile
Test Protocol Develpment
• Generates test protocols for Design Verification and Life/Reliabilty tests
• Works with Test and Design Engineers to develop test methods needed to ensure design requirements are sufficiently verified
• Takes ownership of protocols to get them submitted and released through the documentation control system
Protocol Execution & Reporting
• Executes test protocols for clinically-based surgical simulation and automated testing utilizing da Vinci Surgical Systems and other test equipment
• Identifies and reports problems that arise during feasibility and design verification testing, and escalates new or persistent failure modes to appropriate engineering teams
• Provides documentation to the cognizant Test/Design Engineer that clearly indicates the results of product testing
• Ensures successful, on-time completion of department projects; communicates constraints to direct management when successful project completion is at risk
• Performs a broad variety of tasks in support of product verification and test process design as assigned by department management
• Complies with company Department and Standard Operating Procedures
• Verifies and ensures adequate supply of test articles and other equipment or material
• Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or similar degree. Medical device development experience is a plus.
• Ability to read, write and understand English and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers.
• Experience with Solidworks or similar CAD software. Ability to perform the basic mechanical engineering calculations needed to support equipment design, including dimensional analysis. Familiarity with equipment needed to perform typical performance measurements on electro-mechanical systems along with basic knowledge of electrical systems, test equipment, and test practices is desirable.
• Ability to work with biological samples, including blood, tissue and organs.
• Experience with MatLab
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-verify employer.