Eurofins EAG Laboratories, a leader in advanced microscopy, surface analysis and semiconductor testing services of various types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to nanotechnology, deliver new “super materials” with the potential to transform our world. Our laboratories are at the forefront of this revolution, providing the scientific expertise and analytical techniques to support companies at every phase of the product lifecycle, from R&D to manufacturing.
Our clients include leading edge tech companies in a diverse range of industries and business sectors who design, manufacture or incorporate products for tomorrow’s technology driven world. Our scientists and engineers engage in peer-to-peer interaction to discuss and comprehensively understand client issues, challenges, goals and urgency, to define the technical problems, develop and execute analyses, and report back results. We have a growth mindset culture where individuals are encouraged to drive their own success and make their own decisions while fulfilling client needs.
EAG is looking for a strong TEM Scientist who has experience operating and analyzing various materials using TEM. In this role, the individual will be responsible for:
- Obtaining Bright Field, High resolution, diffraction patterns, dark field TEM and HAADF STEM images of samples prepared by others in the lab.
- Obtaining STEM/EDX and STEM/EELS spectra, line scans and maps to meet customers’ needs.
- Organize data, prepare and deliver summary reports to customers.
- Work with customers and team members to optimize experiments and explain results.
- Develop TEM analysis protocols for new sample types.
- Hands on familiarity using a TEM to characterize hard materials.
- Have excellent understanding of the operation and theory of a Transmission Electron Microscope.
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize conflicting requests.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with FEI Tecnai TEM/STEM, Oxford/Bruker EDS, Gatan EELS, Digital Micrograph.
- Familiarity with aberration-correction TEM is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.