Job Title: Telecommunications OSP Technician I
Location: US Army Camp Parks, CA
Salary: $41.02 an hour plus $4.22 Health and Welfare (H&W)
· Strong background in cable plant support services to include:
o Copper and fiber optic cable installation and maintenance
o Manhole experience (OSHA confined space familiarization)
o Cable locating experience
o Experience in fault locating
· Minimum of three years of experience in OSP cable maintenance.
· BICSI Installer 1 training within 12 months of hire.
· Active or recent U.S. government Secret security clearance highly desired (hiring preference).
· Repair and maintain OSP cable facilities including poles, underground services, and conduit.
· Test and monitor confined space air quality per OSHA regulations.
· Inspect, pump excess water, clean out debris, make minor repairs and maintain manholes.
· Maintain and repair/replace cable related defects.
· Lift and load equipment and material that may weigh more than 50 pounds.
· Assure dependable and uninterrupted operation of telephone communications by proactively identifying problems.
· Identifies problems by using electronic testing equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
· Talk and hear.
· Stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, and climb.
· Lift and move items over 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Perform duties in all weather conditions.
· Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
· Drive from work site to work site
Selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Hire dates are dependent upon the issuance of an interim or final government security clearance.
Offers are contingent upon successful completion of professional reference checks, employment history verification, and criminal background screening.
GStek, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GStek encourages veterans, disabled veterans, and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.