Salary: $32.87 plus $4.22 Health and Welfare (H&W)
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- Minimum of three years of telecommunications maintenance and repair experience.
- Experience in installations, removal, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of voice and/or non-voice communications systems, alarm systems, telephone key systems, PABX’s, terminal and communications equipment including line drivers.
- BICSI Installer 1 training within 12 months of hire.
- Active or recent U.S. government Secret security clearance.
- Install, repair, and maintain cable plant telecommunication facilities.
- Install, remove, maintain, modify, troubleshoot, and repair voice and/or non-voice communication systems.
- Run cables, key cables to all telephone sets, terminal connectors, lugs, pins, or screws.
- Pull cable, such as copper, twisted pair, optical fiber, and other cable types, through conduit, above ceilings and between floors.
- Terminate cable on cross connects, hubs, and routers.
- Repair, install, and maintain outside plant facilities including telephone poles, underground services, and conduit.
- Lift and load equipment and material.
- Assure dependable and uninterrupted operation of telephone communications.
- Troubleshoot and identify malfunctioning or inoperative equipment.
- Identify problems by using electronic testing equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Talk and hear.
- Stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, and climb.
- Prolonged standing and/or sitting.
- Frequent lifting and moving of items over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Perform duties in all weather conditions.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Hire dates are dependent upon the issuance of an interim or final government security clearance.
Offers are contingent upon successful completion of professional reference checks, employment history verification, and criminal background screening.
GStek, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GStek encourages veterans, disabled veterans, and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.