Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We're building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It's time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It's time you were a part of something bigger.
We're expanding our workforce - engineers, architects, developers and more - onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you're ready for high-impact, you're ready for CDK.
Technical Program Manager-Program Increment Process Owner
As a technical program manager, you will drive be CDK's Program Increment Process Owner. You will serve as a part agile expert, part continuous improvement expert, and part mentor to help mature the product and development's organizations maturity of agile practices. You will be responsible for defining and documenting desired standard practices and processes. Including mentoring and monitoring the organizations adherence to these standard practices. You will define the appropriate dashboards including leading and lagging KPIs, and you will coordinate communication across the teams to leverage and share best practices and continuously improve our standards toward becoming the best-in-class modern product development organization. You should be able to translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that leverage best practices and tools to support the processes. You will provide overall thought leadership and best practice solutions in order to elevate our product and development organizations agile and development maturity. You will work closely with other process owners such as quality assurance, security and compliance, agile, product organization and development teams.
- Design and implement key KPIs monitoring the organizations planning Increment
- Design and implement overall cadence and structure to oversee planning
- Execute and manage Portfolio level project plan… specifically manage the execution of Program Increment
- Ensure no surprises for mission critical or plan of action/record roadmap critical path items
- Manage and enhance mission critical program governance and cadence
- Audit data reporting accuracy
- Create appropriate standard dashboards and reporting
- Document in and out of scope
- Run daily stand ups
- Design and execute change communications
- Be the go-to-expert on what is defined as standard and what is not.
- Complete data analytics to identify and escalate KPI and program progress issues/concerns.
- Develop and execute ways to bring more transparency to business, customers and operations
- Investigate, discover, and assess pain points with the program increment cycle, and leverage SAFE Agile practices to continuously improve
- Coach and mentor the development teams to ensure continuous improvement.
- Lead and support all program increment communications
Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years working with large scale development organizations that exposed you to the concepts and challenges of building software at scale and rolling out large cross-functional standards.
- 10+ Years’ experience
- Strong knowledge of the business implications of an Agile transformation
- Strong familiarity with the principles of agile, business agility and lean development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe®, LeSS, DA, S@S, XP and Lean, etc.)
- Driven, dynamic individual who is passionate about making clients successful and creating a company that will change the way software is built
- Technical understanding of common networking terms and tools
- Previous experience working in a dynamic, agile, and customer-facing environment
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance in a rapidly changing environment
- Good work ethic and the ability to work with diverse teams across different time zones
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and communication, both written and spoken
- Strong executive presence, facilitation skills, drive for results, attention to quality and detail, and a collaborative attitude
- Ability to design and build visual dashboards and reports
Nice to haves
- Prior Jira Align Experience
- Experience working with a business focus for agile transformations
- Hands-on expertise with the Atlassian product suite (Jira Align, JIRA, Confluence, and others)
- Certification(s) in team agile practices (e.g., CSM, CPF, SAFe®, etc.) or 2 years of equivalent work experience
- Agile certifications preferred (SAFe®, IC-Agile, CSP, SPC4, PMP, etc.)
- Experience rolling out cross-functional processes/tools/standards
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.