Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
Â In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR â‚¬ 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The role of the Technology Manger – Ion Channels is the resident subject matter expert of ion channels. The primary areas that the Technology Manager will preside over are:
o Provide all scientific support and knowledge for the ion channel portfolio of products for the technical support, operations, sales, and marketing teams
o Qualify new ion channel products and develop marketing data for the launch and support of the products
o Provide QC routine testing via automated patch clamp of new manufacturing lots of ion channel cell lines
o Work with the sales team in the role of a market development person to provide scientific presentation, discussion, and support when needed
Closely collaborate with Product Management, Marketing, Market Development, Technical Support and Sales
Work with Product Management to conduct competitive market trend analysis to be used in the analysis for evaluating new business opportunities and new technology opportunities
Understand the market landscape to identify, engage, and collaborate with other life science companies for co-development and/or co-marketing opportunities
Owns collaborations with corporate partners in the ion channel market
Travel as needed to support the ion channel portfolio
- An bachelor’s degree in life sciences; an advanced degree is a plus
- A minimum of 10 years of professional work experience, with at least 5 years directly focused on ion channels
- In-depth knowledge and excellent understanding of the Drug Discovery and Development process for small and large molecules
- Understanding of ion channel drug discovery market is highly beneficial
- Experience as the external face of the organization, leading and participating in business development partnering events and conferences
- Energetic, goal-oriented results-driven self-starter with a strong executive presence, collaborative mindset, and ability to think strategically and analytically
- Demonstrated understanding of drug/technology discovery, development and commercialization processes with the ability to effectively collaborate with Strategy and R&D leadership.
- Superb oral, written communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills. Skillful presenter of scientific and business information to executives
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Adjusts work hours as needed to meet business needs
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, CA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.