We are seeking a Technology Communications Manager to support strategic communications for Facebook's long-term technology bets on artificial intelligence. Candidates should demonstrate a strong ability to manage multiple communications programs with a diverse set of stakeholders. They will also execute proactive media campaigns and translate technical content into blog posts, bylines and other written materials.
- Develop content and drive effective communications campaigns surrounding Facebook’s research and technology initiatives in AI.
- Produce a wide range of communications materials including blog posts, press releases, talking points, reactive statements, and briefing materials.
- Build deep relationships with the media and engage with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers, and the general public as a Facebook spokesperson.
- Work with a diverse set of internal stakeholders and cross-functional partners in connectivity, virtual reality and artificial intelligence.
- Collaborate with the broader communications organization to help manage projects and initiatives internally.
- Develop communications strategy for industry and technology conferences.
- 8+ years of public relations experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Business, Marketing or related field
- Experience working with technology and business media
- Experience working with internal stakeholders to translate technical content for consumer audiences
- Experience building media plans and gaining consensus among stakeholders
- 10+ years of public relations experience
- Experience managing external public relations agencies
- Experience working with the AI community and understanding of industry challenges and opportunities
- Experience executing AI communications programs
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].