Technical Services Manager
Are you passionate about technical knowledge and problem solving? Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and growing world class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends.
Who are we?
Rentokil is a family of companies in North America. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world's leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, distribution, retail, food service, and hospitality. We are extremely proud of our legacy of excellence and constantly work to enhance the value and impact of our services.
What does a Technical Services Manager do?
The Technical Service Manager (TSM) is responsible for providing technical knowledge and expertise, problem solving, and coaching and development skills in support of Rentokil Operations. The TSM works closely with Regional Operations Director and provides District offices with remote and on-site support at customer locations performing site assessments, risk analysis, and supporting Operations through coaching and solution development. Utilizing service data and customer feedback, the TSM identifies improvement opportunities and works collaboratively with Operations management at the District and Regional level to develop and deliver training and Operational improvements to meet Rentokil Quality standards, increase customer retention, and further develop Rentokil associate's expertise.The Technical Service Manager supports Rentokil Sales and Marketing teams with technical information, customer issue response and support, and providing presentations, articles and interviews in support of Rentokil business activities. The TSM supports Operations with knowledge of state rules and regulations, certification and licensing requirements, and assistance in achieving associates certifications.The TSM advances the Rentokil safety culture through training support, field interaction with associates, and conducting facility audits and assessments. The Technical Service Manager works to identify product, process, and associate development opportunities to deliver Rentokil best-in-class programs and services, and supports Rentokil's Research and Development initiatives in conducting field trials and product evaluations.
- Effectively utilize analytical tools to monitor the success pest programs, identify areas of opportunity or need for improvement, and develop action plans in collaboration with Operations to address. Track improvement progress and adjust.
- Support Operations in issue resolution through conduct of risk assessments, root cause analysis, and development of action plans to resolve pest issue at customer sites. Utilize remote data analysis, communication and coaching with Specialists and Operations Managers, and on-site support.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of best-in-class pest control programs that effectively and efficiently resolves customer pest issue through innovation, process and protocol development, and in-field execution.
- Support program implementation: conduct protocol training, ensure product usage and equipment operating protocols are executed and program goals are achieved.
- Develop Rentokil Specialist to be the most competent pest control specialist in the industry through in-field coaching and by utilizing current Rentokil programs, including a) Rentokil Career Advancement b) Certified Field Training Program c) Customer Service Quality Program d) Command Center data analytics..
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Director and District Managers to advance associates through training and career advancement program as scheduled. Ensure action plans are developed and executed to meet goal of full training compliance.
- Utilize Rentokil's Digital Pest App to identify challenging accounts by Market segments and develop programs to enhance district team competency to meet/exceed customer expectations
- Identify pests submitted from service centers/regional customers as well as provide information regarding biology & appropriate mitigation advice.
- Assist Field Customer Service team to meet/exceed customer service quality standard by supporting customer quality service programs and initiatives, identifying deficiencies and developing action plans to improve..
- Assist Sales/Marketing department to support local/regional/national initiative. Provide technical expertise, content, articles, and interviews for industry events and public outreach. Develop customer facing presentations to support Sales.
- Maintain relationships with state regulatory agencies to ensure we remain in compliance with respect to pesticide law within the states where you operate.
What do we offer?
- World class training of the latest industry best practices
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched 401(k)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days
- Short and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
What do you need?
- Four year college degree in a biological science. Entomology is preferred, but not
- Associate (ACE) or Board Certified Entomologist (BCE), or Registered Sanitarian (RS).
- A minimum 5 yrs. of related urban pest management experience required.
- Travel up to 75% of the time within your assigned Region.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Google Sheets, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, gmail and other standard computer programs required.
- Excellent public speaking, communication, and customer service skills required..
- Be, or become proficient in: fumigation, termite control, turf & ornament, vegetation management, wildlife management, and other applicable lines of business.
- Be, or become a state certified applicator in the state of residence.
- Be knowledgeable of local, state, federal laws regarding pesticides as well as general familiarity with OSHA, FDA, EPA, USDA, and third party auditing agencies of the states where you work.
- Ability to obtain and maintain licenses/certificates as required by federal, state and local regulations
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
- Must possess a valid driver's license and pass motor vehicle record search
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
Rentokil North America is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Link to Federal employment poster:
- English Version - Revised November 2009
- Spanish Version - Revised November 2009
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- English (Formatted)
- English (Unformatted)