TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGER
- Manages and coordinates product development projects.
- Evaluates and resolves technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues. Ensures that labeling and marketing/promotional literature match product specifications.
- Researches and monitors existing client base and industry developments and identifies potential new product opportunities.
- Works with other departments to establish a design, technology, product development, and vendor strategy.
- Manages project budgets and prepares financial analysis reports for top management.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience preferably in an agile development environment or 4 years hands-on software development experience
- 2 years’ experience in product management with proven track record of delivering top notch products that delight users.
- Domain knowledge in e-commerce, retail, online advertising and/or analytics.
- Strong execution skills and ability to “drive” throughout the product lifecycle, from concept to launch.
- Ability to develop and implement a business strategy and make dynamic adjustments as landscapes shift.
- Strong technical knowledge and an ability to influence engineering decisions.
- Strong presentation and written/oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw insights from data.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (advanced technical degree preferred)
- Min of 5+ years of relevant work in technical product management, owning and driving end-to-end product requirements across multiple technology teams.
- Experience in payments or retail or financial services industry as technical product manager.
- Passion for technology, willingness to dive deep into the technical products Walmart is building, and commitment to learning and expanding technical knowledge
- Experience partnering with Data Scientists and/or Machine learning engineers.
- An understanding of large-scale systems and service-oriented architecture
- Fraud, Risk, Payments, Identity/Account protection background
- Machine learning product management experience
- Ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and convincingly to a wide range of audiences., manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Drive end-to-end integration with partner teams.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing large datasets and developing dashboards to derive insights. Comfortable with SQL or a programming language.
- Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously