We're looking for an experienced Technical Artist to join our Avatars team to work closely with designers, engineers, and other technical artists, to bring VR/AR characters to life on all Facebook apps and platforms, to be used by billions of users around the globe.
- Create tools to streamline the creation of digital avatars
- Help create well-architected and scalable rigging systems
- Contribute to and help maintain a wide array of existing workflows and tools
- Partner closely with art and engineering teams to define and develop content in modern real-time environments
- Design, manage and maintain the pipeline from artists and designers through to deployment
- Quickly solve issues with your cross-functional leads
- Ability to collaborate and iterate based on the team's needs
- 5+ years of experience rigging characters in Maya
- Experience creating advanced procedural rigging systems
- 3+ years experience with Maya Python/PyMEL, C++ API, PySide/PyQt
- 3+ years of experience in game development or film as a Technical Artist
- Experience collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience communicating across team members including engineers and artists
- Experience in facial rigging and morph targets
- Experience with real time asset implementation and optimization techniques
- Experience working with Unity or Unreal
- Extensive content development experience, including shipped AAA games
- Virtual reality experience
- Knowledge of emerging technologies
- Shader programming experience
- Experience with face tracking from video or similar technologies
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].