- The Technical Operations (DCOps) Engineer is a member of the DataCenter and Lab Operations team that provide service and support to Client's R&D Engineering department.
- The team is responsible for deploying, configuring and managing the R&D equipment within the local labs and data centers.
- The DCOps Engineer will possess extensive technical knowledge, organizational and excellent communication skills to ensure projects and tasks are completed on time and meetings customer expectations.
- We're looking for an organized, detail oriented, and results-driven individual who enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
- Respond and manage to customer requests through the HelpNow ticketing system.
- Facilitate the deployment and configuration of R&D and IT equipment.
- Support and maintain R&D test environments.
- Provide accurate entries or updates to the DCIM web tool.
- Participate in the development and documentation of best practices.
- Track and communicate progress of assignments and projects using web-based tools.
- Willing to work after business hours and weekends as needed.
- Travel to multiple Datacenters as needed.
- Minimum 4-year degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate Linux experience.
- Intermediate Windows experience.
- Good working knowledge of network principles and tools (ping, traceroute, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of server hardware (rack and blade form factors).
- Capable of working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Possess good troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Intermediate experience with DNS, vlans, network segmentation, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.