Candidates applying from outside of British Columbia must be willing and able to relocate to British Columbia, Canada (either working in-studio or remote in BC). Bardels talent mobility program offers support to candidates in obtaining proper work authorization and residency. Note, employment prior to relocation begins as independent contracts.
Surfacing / LookDev Artist
Bardel Entertainment Inc.
1523 west 3rd Avenue Vancouver BC V6J 1J8
201-215 Lawrence Ave, Kelowna, BC V1Y 6L2
At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are currently recruiting for few mid level Surfacing/LookDev Artist to join our Vancouver/Kelowna studio team. Surfacing/LookDev Artist will be responsible for creating final looks, textures, templates and material networks for CG characters and environments to be used in production for our 3D animated series.
What you will be doing:
- Demonstrate a broad range of superior texturing and surfacing techniques for characters, props, sets and other content for 3D animated TV series
- Creating new surfacing processes and concepts, either by utilizing reference materials or by hand painting surfaces
- Meet project deadlines and milestones, including weekly quotas, as set by project leads and the production department
- Actively participating in team/department meetings
- Mentoring and offering support to less experienced artists, providing them with guidance and instruction
What you bring to the table:
- At least 2 years experience in Film / TV production
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating shaders and materials
- Able to create Surfacing s from reference and clean UV layouts
- Experience modifying shading networks in Maya
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members
- Familiarity with zBrush, Mudbox, Mari or other surfacing and normal/displacement map generation
Start date: As soon as possible
Term of Employment: Project-based contract
Work Hours: 40 per week
Hybrid Work Schedule: Remote work available
Weekly Wage: $1,400 to $1,500/week ($35/hour to $37.5/hour)
- Extended medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Matching RRSP
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
To apply, please fill out application below. Visit https://boards.greenhouse.io/bardelentertainment/jobs/4403706003
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.
* All candidates must be BC residents and entitled to work in Canada. Those candidates applying outside of the province, must be willing to relocate to BC.