This is an exciting opportunity to self-perform and lead a team of carpenters and laborers to set forms, pour concrete, do carpentry, set casework, or do demolition. Not only will you get the opportunity to lead and mentor a team of assistant superintendents and foremen, but also the opportunity to work on amazing projects in the commercial space.
My client is a top ENR rated General Contractor based in the Bay Area. They focus on disrupting traditional construction and raising the bar in their work and the kinds of projects they take on. Their portfolio includes projects in Life Science, Mission Critical, Health-care, Education, and Class-A Office TI. They focus on fostering a positive culture and bringing in people who can become a part of their family.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities
- Direct all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, and with quality workmanship that conforms to plans and specifications
- Create, maintain critical path method (CPM) construction schedule and site logistics plan.
- Order materials and schedule inspections as necessary
- Manage all trade scopes of work
- Manage self-performed work scopes with labor
- Maintain positive relationships with clients, subcontractors, suppliers, building engineers, and inspectors
- Supervise completion of punch lists
- Promote job site safety, encourage safe work practices, a clean job-site, and rectify job site hazards immediately
- 5+ years as the lead Super on commercial ground-up projects
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills in order to manage diverse personalities
- OSHA 30 certified, or willingness to obtain
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Project (P6), Excel, and Bluebeam/Adobe
- Company car
- Gas card
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.