Who we are:
Airity Technologies is a startup spun out of Stanford University with the goal of disrupting the high voltage market and enabling novel products across several industries, including semiconductor, aerospace, telecommunications, and medicine. Our proprietary and patented technology, developed through research in the area of high-frequency power electronics, spans high voltage dc and radiofrequency (RF) products. After bootstrapping the company for a few years, we raised VC funding in 2021 to expand our business.
Airity employs a team of talented engineers and scientists who have the background and knowledge to develop new technologies and bring them to the market. Our products and services cover a range of industries, including semiconductor manufacturing tools, high bandwidth wireless internet, satellite propulsion and aerospace applications, medical devices, lighting, environmental applications, and academic research.
We are looking for a qualified and motivated intern seeking an exceptional opportunity to gain real-world experience in the area of entrepreneurial business development and operations, working closely with the CEO and the leadership team. At the completion of your internship, you will have had the opportunity to build the company's strategic marketing, including researching and identifying potential markets, new clients, and exit options. We require a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week, with up to 40 hours a week.
Airity has a core technological innovation that can apply to multiple different existing product and market categories, as well as enabling the creation of entirely new end applications and markets. The goal of this internship is to deeply understand and analyze the fit of those various applications, gauge potential customer interest, and estimate the ROI and capital efficiency of various go-to-market strategies.
This role will require you to be flexible and perform many different tasks, potentially including but not limited to:
- Contacting existing customers and other stakeholders to understand their needs
- Performing deep market and product-fit analysis
- Developing financial models and growth scenarios
- Propose ideal target markets and customer segments
Your success in this role will be evaluated by the following outcomes, which are in priority order:
- Bring financial value to Airity
- Signed deals/contracts with customers
- Outside investments or exits
- Bring knowledge value to Airity
- Market analysis
- Deep details on unit and business economics of specific market segments
- Customer/Industry Contacts
- Strategic analysis
- Business plans based on understanding of the big picture
- Operational Execution
- Financial modeling/projections
- Company management structure and processes
- Content marketing and other forms of marketing
- REQUIRED - You will have completed your first year of your MBA at a top-tier university by the start of this internship.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Excel and financial modeling skills (min)
- Outstanding communicator, customer service experience a plus (min)
- Experience in strategic planning (min)
- Excellent writing skills
- Enthusiastic learner
- Self-motivated, driven, independent, and able to work without supervision if necessary
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Creative thinking and the ability to think on the spot
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to demonstrate independent thinking and incorporate it into team efforts
- Experience or demonstrated interest in technology
What you will gain from this internship:
- A taste of the start-up life
- Real-world market sizing experience
- Exposure to new technology markets