Job Title: Staff Software Engineer - Cloud Micro Services
Requisition ID: 150118BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact and provide support in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division: San Jose, CA Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division
How will you make an impact?
- You will work in the fast-growing world of Biomedical Instrumentation and Biomedical Software Engineering and contribute significantly to the development of the cloud-based next generation of Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry data systems from ground up
- We are looking to hire individuals with experience in software engineering using modern cloud and micro services-based architectures, and those who can help us solve the next wave of technical challenges using the latest cloud-based, big-data, and rich analytics tool sets
How will you get there?
Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology required
What will you do?
- Participate in planning, design, development and the delivery of micro services and web based micro front ends
- The position will act as a technical anchor, contribute to the technical vision with the development team and help the team to turn it into reality
- You will be responsible for the delivery of micro services/components, deployable on various cloud and on premises deployment models
- This is a hands-on development role, where you will be spending most of your time on designing, coding, unit, and integration testing
- Mentor and support team members on technology, technical approach, project execution
- Strong, clear, and concise written and verbal communication with ability to understand and communicate software design and product requirements with ease
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing commercial software with demonstrated increase in the project responsibilities
- Strong experience with C# .NET with experience writing micro services in the .NET core environment. Interview will include significant C# based coding examples
- Good working knowledge of Typescript, HTML5, CSS3, SPA frameworks (Vue, React, Angular)
- Proven Experience with AWS API and concepts, Azure or GCP
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Understanding and experience in API design (using RESTful), including versioning, isolation, documenting for internal and external (commercial) using API documentation frameworks
- Working knowledge of GITOPS, GIT and Kubernetes based DevOps pipeline
- Experience with Big Data Technologies, such as Apache Spark
- Experience with databases like MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MSSQL