Job Title: Staff Manufacturing Engineer
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Santa Clara / Bioproduction Division
How will you make an impact?
The Staff Manufacturing Engineer will provide technical support for the manufacturing floor. This position will also collaborate with Mechanical Engineering, Program Management, and Manufacturing Engineering partners to drive improvements in the production processes and triage defects from the factory and/or customer failures.
What will you do?
- Participate on project teams as a technical representative for Manufacturing
- Independently troubleshoot manufacturing related issues. Rapidly identify problems and make corrections.
- Drive and participate in manufacturing FMEAs
- Assess CM and supply chain technical capability gaps
- Identify and drive implementation of projects designed to improve quality and efficiency, reduce cost, increase flexibility and capacity using lean and six sigma principles as appropriate.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Collaborate with other functional areas to ensure alignment of goals and priorities. Key functional teams to align with include Engineering/Design, Planning, Assembly, Logistics, Service and Quality
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned
How will you get here?
- Manufacturing or Technical Engineering degree or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Process/Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering in a production environment
- Experience with lean manufacturing methods and philosophies
- Experience with engineering standards, testing, SPC and FMEAs
- In-depth knowledge of equipment and methods to implement assembly and test processes of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Proven ability to assess and communicate potential process risks and mitigations to drive appropriate process design.
- Creates an efficient “low- to mid-volume” manufacturing assembly line, specifying and/or refining BOMs, workflows and detailed work instructions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience with various statistical analysis tools and methods
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and interdepartmental coordination skills
- Self-motivated and mastery of problem-solving skills using investigative tools (5 Why, Fishbone, Fault Tree Analysis, 8D, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.