Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are seeking a talented and versatile Senior Technology Writer who has spent their career in the automotive space and is passionate about EV technology and the EV landscape. As a key part of the Marketing team, you’ll work closely with Creative, PR, and Product Marketing to strategically outline and craft blog posts, innovation stories, press releases, occasional speeches, as well as interview Lucid engineers, and more. A strong understanding and knowledge of EV technology, combined with a background in journalism is essential for success in this role.
- Research material and craft long-form editorial and marketing content including blog posts, innovation stories, press releases, speeches, etc.
- Create clear, compelling content that explains advanced ideas and technology in ways that are accessible to a non-technical audience
- Interview engineers and other subject matter experts to understand and document complex technologies and systems
- Write with clarity, creativity and accuracy, understanding the target audience and the communication objectives of each piece
- Review content to ensure alignment with brand voice and tone, and adherence to Lucid editorial guidelines
- Stay up to date on the latest advancements in automotive, EV, and autonomous driving technology
- Work closely with strategists and creative teams to influence creative campaign ideas
- Juggle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while adjusting to changes in assignments, direction, etc.
- 8+ years of automotive writing and journalism experience
- Extremely passionate about the automotive and EV landscape and emerging technologies within it
- Extensive experience with the Chicago Manual of Style and Associated Press Stylebook; working knowledge of AMA Manual of Style
- Strong communication and presentation skills – verbal and written
- A team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience in the luxury or B2C high-tech industries
- Familiarity with Figma, Asana, and other creative collaboration tools
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of gainful employment within the United States
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer's guidelines on their first day of employment.
Individuals seeking a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.