Monolithic Power Systems, Inc. (MPS) is one of the fastest growing companies in the Semiconductor industry. We are worldwide technical leaders in Integrated Power Semiconductors and Systems Power delivery architectures. At MPS, we cultivate creativity, are passionate about sustainability, and are committed to providing leading-edge products and innovation to our customers. Our portfolio of technology helps power our world --- come join our team and see how YOU can make a difference.
MPS is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Global Finance team. This is a critical and high-profile position that will play a critical role cross-functionally with FP&A, Operations, Legal and Tax to support general and technical accounting matters. The Senior Accountant reports to the Senior Accounting Manager and is based in San Jose, California.
* Leads day-to-day accounting activities and month-end close by monitoring and reconciling general ledger accounts (including stock compensation, prepaids and accruals) and preparing journal vouchers and accounting analysis.
* Proactively identifies and proposes accounting solutions for new or unusual business transactions and helps to ensure that the day-to-day accounting is consistent with corporate accounting policies, procedures, and GAAP.
* Prepare quarterly and annual SEC reporting tables for stock-based compensation
* Prepare quarterly and annual equity transactions reports for tax compliance
* Accounting and analytic support on M&A projects.
* Gathers, organizes and maintain auditable records. Responds to questions from our auditors during their routine review and audit of SEC filings.
* Assists with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
* Provides ad-hoc support for special projects as necessary.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
* CPA with minimum 3 years of accounting experience, including minimum two years at a major public accounting firm
* Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills
* Advanced knowledge of Excel
* Stock/equity experience a plus
* Proven ability to work independently and meet strict reporting deadlines.