At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As a member of the Virtualization team at Palo Alto Networks, you will develop our next-generation virtualization and service offerings. Responsibilities will include designing and implementing new features and integrations with Azure cloud and other public and private clouds. Core networking improvements in pure software environments in both Virtual machines and Container form factors.
- You will be expected to participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test
- Develop functional specifications, assess task requirements and participate in development, debug and support
- Candidate should also have hands-on experience with virtualization technologies, various hypervisors, system software, networking, and have experience with Linux kernel software development
- Minimum 6 years of C programming experience required
- Hands-on experience developing for various hypervisors, networking hardware and network virtualization technologies like DPDK, XDP.
- Experience with deployment on cloud environments (Azure/AWS/GCP).
- Strong scripting skills with bash and python.
- Knowledge in selected network protocols and network security fields such as stateful firewall, packet processing, TCP stream inspection, network ACL, and HA preferred.
- Experience developing device drivers and/or Linux kernel development preferred
- Experience with Kubernetes and CNI is preferred.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Minimum 5 years of related programming experience required
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.