Join our PIM and Merchandising Systems Team as a Sr. Software Developer in Raleigh, NC. This team is responsible for technology strategy and development of Advance’s product information management, merchandising, category management and space management systems. Our product base is enormous, supporting millions of unique parts in thousands of locations across North America enabling both in-store and eCommerce business models. Transformation is the focus as we are consolidating systems, disrupting business models and embracing software-as-a-service (SaaS).
The Sr. Software Developer is our “engine” delivering great products and user experiences for our enterprise and our customers. Your primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- Drive the design, development and implementation of packaged software solutions and interfaces. Write great code to extend those solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Contribute to decisions concerning the team's overall approach, and participate meaningfully in the ongoing tactical dialog to best enable solution delivery
- Collaborate with and/or lead cross-functional teams on create technology strategies, generate designs and deliver solutions
- Assess the business and organizational implications of key technology decisions and recommend appropriate options / action
- Provide 3rd level production support and problem resolution for moderate to complex application(s)
- Use business process designs to drive out the full set of application requirements including functional, technical, quality, integration, and security.
- Collaborate with and/or lead other programmers, designers, business analysts and architects to ensure the application configuration and custom components meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Thorough documentation of the work in progress, as part of adherence to our team standards as determined by lead architects, in conjunction with the team as a whole.
- Help to make our team better through peer review, knowledge sharing and mentoring
- Foster, promote and encourage teamwork and close working relationships across the IT Department
We are seeking the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years’ experience in software development or similar related position. Retail Industry experience preferred. Product Information Management (PIM) and Merchandising System experience a plus.
- Ability to maintain efficiency and positive attitude in the face of challenging and competing deadlines
- Ability to operate in a Scrum based environment where Daily Standups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, backlog grooming and Sprint Retrospective are held
- Experience with enterprise commercial software implementations
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and experience interacting at all levels throughout IT/business teams and working within large, matrixed organizations
- Highly organized, great attention to detail and ‘hands on’ work style
- Experience in design, development, testing and support of critical enterprise-level systems in a cross platform environment
- Independent with strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and internal drive for results. Strong planning, execution and multitasking skills and demonstrated ability to nimbly reprioritize and meet deadlines reliably.
We are seeking the following technical skills:
- Stibo Systems’s Trailblazer platform, and Oracle or JDA merchandising / inventory management suites preferred
- Java and Java Scripting, JBOSS
- Subversion (SVN) source control, Maven, Jenkins and Eclipse based IDEs
- Implementing solutions within AWS, Azure or similar cloud ecosystems
Position is eligible for bonus based on individual and group performance.