Sr. Scientist, Antibody/Fusion Protein Purification, Analytics, or Formulation
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Senior Scientist to work independently and lead a team contributing to Antibody/Fusion Protein Purification, Analytics, or Formulation.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ph.D. degree with at least 2 years of experience or Bachelor/Master's with more than 5 years of experience in therapeutic antibody/fusion protein research and development in a biopharmaceutical environment.
- Working knowledge of cGMP environment, ensuring compliant documentation, and transferring the processes to contract manufacturing sites.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and managing skills with the desire to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and scientific data presentation.
- Strong background, proficient skills, and proven track record of successes inoneof the following areas:
- Proficient in protein/antibody purification using various chromatography techniques;
- Demonstrated expertise in purification optimization to maximize cost-efficiency and yield;
- Hands on experience in operating and maintaining AKTA chromatographic and Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF) systems;
- Hands on experience in antibody/protein characterizations using various analytical techniques, such as gel analysis, spectrophotometer, HPLC, light scatting, mass spectrometer, Biacore/Fortebio.
- Strong background in antibody analytics and/or formulation development.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in antibody analytic techniques, such as Mass Spec, HPLC, light scattering, CD, Biacore SPR, ITC, DSC, IEF, capillary isoelectric focusing, and/or other spectrophotometric methods.
- Familiar with excipients, stabilizers, and additives to maintain the stability of antibodies.
- Experience in managing or conducting stability programs, including real time, accelerated/forced degradation and freeze thaw studies.
- Knowledge and experimental experience in antibody up/down stream process development would be considered a significant plus.