Ref ID: 00412-9503438667
Classification: Property Accountant
Please reach out to Chris Fusco via LinkedIn with your updated resume or call (415) 434-1900 extension 21051 to be considered for the opportunity below.
In search of a Senior Property Accountant. The company is a successful real estate platform that invests in residential and mixed use properties in the Bay Area. Located in San Francisco, they are a leader in optimizing multifamily properties in the Bay Area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee team of property accountant and accounting specialist during daily operations, monthly close process and preparation of financial statements and joint venture rollups to ensure accuracy of tenant data and financial statements and identify any corrections or training needed
• Train and mentor accounting team members
• Reconcile, investigate and resolve accounting transactions related to financial statements
• Monitor property and portfolio cash positions, process payables for property portfolios and resolve payment questions
• Prepare complex accounting entries related to property acquisitions, dispositions, refinances, recapitalizations, cash flows and joint ventures
• Review financial reports for joint venture, lender, and third‐party owners including cash analysis schedules, draw requests and other related documents
• Review bank reconciliations and cash deposits
• Review depreciation and amortization schedules
• Review classification of building improvements, tenant improvements, and repairs
• Review ownership entity contributions/distributions in accordance with governing documents
• Work with accounting team and property managers to analyze tenant ledgers and resolve tenant questions