Enphase Energy is the fastest growing inverter company in the world. By combining the power of solar energy and the proven advantages of communications technology, Enphase Energy makes solar power systems productive, reliable, smart and safe - increasing the energy harvest of solar panels by up to 25 percent. Our microinverter system is profoundly changing the way solar systems function, and as a result, changing the solar industry itself.
As we continue our exciting growth, we are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next generation solar technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
As we continue our exciting growth, we are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next generation solar technologies. Our work environment is fast‐paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
We are looking for a Sr. Procurement Manager - Logistics & Global Transportation experience in international & domestic transportation + DC Operations. This position can be based out of our HQ Fremont location or our office in Meridian, ID.
This individual needs to be highly analytical with the ability to synthesize data and make sound business recommendations to management. They must be a collaborative problem-solver, who not only understands the numbers, but also the broader business context around them. To be successful, the person must be able to communicate effectively with both the finance teams as well as the supply chain teams.
- Sourcing: Leads all procurement-related activities to source requested distribution services based upon contract work plans and business requirements. Accountable to lead bid events including screening, communications, RFP, negotiations, and contracting/administration for all modes of transportation (including full truckload, LTL, parcel, intermodal, rail, air and ocean), 3PL providers, raw material transloading, and warehousing/distribution services for the company. Candidate should be logistics subject matter expert (SME) to support of key corporate strategic initiatives, including logistics network strategy development, prepaid-to-collect freight terms conversions, and multi-vendor consolidation negotiations.
- Sourcing Strategy Leadership: Develop and implement sourcing strategies and productivity programs in order to optimize category spend and maximize the potential value of the supply markets, emerging supplier capabilities, and the business ensuring there integration into the overall strategies of Logistics Procurement. Develop and execute action plans to achieve category objectives through identifying risks and obstacles and creating strategies and tactics to surmount obstacles. Effectively communicates the opportunity profile of each category and develops new productivity ideas. Supports development of productivity pipeline and cash flow improvement initiatives
- Negotiations: Leads and executes negotiation preparation and planning for responsible categories. Conducts negotiations employing appropriate techniques and solicits cross-functional input as appropriate. Negotiates transportation contracts to ensure Enphase receives the best possible prices, terms and conditions to gain a competitive advantage vs. the peer group companies/competitors for a scope of responsibility, without losing quality of any distribution services and meeting service and quality requirements.
- Stakeholder alignment
- Establish and maintain alliances with key internal and external stakeholders focused on total cost and service solutions. Provide category expertise for industry dynamics including economic/market conditions, complexity of players and contingency plans to address unforeseen fall-out. Leverage local and regional sourcing strategies.
- Generate Quarterly Business Review and other management presentations
- Own various ad hoc analysis and presentations as needed for senior management
- Bachelor’s Degree 7+ years of work experience in global environment
- Functional (Procurement, Global Logistics & Transportation) Work Experience
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Negotiations, Supplier Relationship Management, Contracting
- Strategic thinking supported with expert knowledge of procurement practices and logistics. Aptitude for solving complex problems and influencing stakeholders, and the intuitive foresight to envision and orchestrate effective change by setting a strategic direction to deliver against key financial and growth objectives.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing, process improvement and creative solutions to conceive, communicate and lead the development and implementation of a wide variety of strategies and category initiatives.
- Results driven with proven ability, composure and judgment in consistently making cost effective decisions on a timely basis by utilizing others to deliver systemic and sustainable improvements in a quality manner despite obstacles.
- Highly effective at leading and managing negotiations resulting in a win/win conclusion. Exercise exceptional persuasion skills in dealing with divergent opinions across supplier base and within Enphase to successfully achieve company objectives.
- Vision to support creating alternative strategies and intuitively adjust to a changing environment
- High ethical standards demonstrated by individual approach to business and ability to set that tone for the overall organization.
- Good written and oral communication skills complemented with highly effective presentation, interpersonal and consulting skills in working across all aspects of the business, levels of the organizations and outside contacts.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Working knowledge of ERP - Oracle Cloud (OTM, GTM) a plus
- Must be a college grad in Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance, or International Business
- MBA considered valuable but not required
- Experience with fast growing, global consumer goods or distribution/logistics companies
- Able to work in an ambiguous, fast-growing team-first environment
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills