Hello, this is an excellent contract to hire opportunity, with an industry leading 3rd party facilities management company, located in Mountain View. The role is offering competitive pay. Please read the job description below and apply for consideration. Thank you
Sr Operating Engineer
Supervises and directs maintenance personnel in installation, repair, and maintenance of all base building and critical system machinery and equipment. Assumes the Chief Engineers responsibilities if the Chief Engineer is not on site.
- Supervises and directs maintenance staff on his shift and monitors performance of their assigned responsibilities.
- Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance departmental service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
- Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
- Supervises and implements the preventative maintenance program. Specific duties include but are not limited to: scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member, orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintains a clean and safe workplace
- Provides training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff. Specific duties include, but not limited to: Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and troubleshooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
- Insures the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies. Specific duties include, but not limited to: Preparing and submitting purchase order requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks for supplies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a high school diploma.
- Two years of trades schooling in electrical systems, plumbing, refrigeration or HVAC.
- 5+ years of experience in facility/office maintenance with at least 5 years in supervision.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Stationary Engineers License or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation.
- Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, CMMS (Work Order systems), and e-Mail, etc.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.