Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay - a company you can be proud to be with.
Reporting to the Director Transportation, you will own & drive eBay shipping solutions across our marketplace. Small package carrier and the general transportation industry at large - both domestic and international will be your focus. You will work to create, manage and optimize eBay managed shipping solutions (contracts, rates and service) across our carrier base including USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL. You will be the primary day to day relationship manager with our partners while developing new relationships with others including regional providers and innovators in the space. The right person for this role will be an individual who will bring structure and organization to eBay managed shipping solutions ensuring each has the right metrics and solutions to support it. This individual will be supported by our analyst team who you will work with to identify continuous improvement opportunities; partnering with cross functional internal and external stakeholders including shipping providers, finance, accounting, product development and product management to champion opportunities.
What you will do:
- Oversee all eBay shipping programs focusing on cost and performance metrics
- Identify gaps in performance, then create and communicate operating plans to optimize operations
- Identify operational ways to optimize cost, accuracy and speed of all shipping services available to our customers.
- Perform detailed analysis as needed to help uncover root causes of shipping issues
- Lead weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews with carrier partners to communicate expectations and hold carriers responsible to eBay SLAs and drive initiatives forward
- Conduct transportation RFPs and implement new programs as needed
- Partner with external shipping and logistics suppliers to be the Voice of eBay and our customers in all non-asset, third party owned and managed transportation solutions.
- Support eBay internal organization with communication, prioritization, and perspective with external shipping and logistics suppliers.
- Manage and report on goals / metrics to reduce bad experiences for customers (like missed SLA's).
- Maintain highest ethical integrity working with external third-party suppliers.
- Find innovative solutions to problems with challenging cross-functional dependencies.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you're single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn't just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay's Diversity & Inclusion click here: www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.