The Senior Manager of Strategic Finance & Analytics has strong business acumen and analysis experience to allow for deep integration with our Merchandising, Marketing, and Ecommerce teams. The Senior Manager of Strategic Finance & Analytics is not strictly technical, but deeply analytical and highly strategic and calls for a self-starter with genuine investigative talents to make analytical inquiries into our Merchandising, Marketing, and Ecommerce areas. Additionally, this role will allow for immediate daily access to the C-level executives and the most senior people in the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Discussing marketing/business strategy with merchandising teams with a deep understanding of their goals & KPIs.
- Dissecting business issues, analyze root - causes and provide possible solutions in a simple yet compelling manner to internal customers and upper management.
- Driving data analysis and reporting related to budgets and spending for increasing optimization and performance improvement.
- Ability to frame complex problems, apply creative analytics and formulate pragmatic solutions.
- Driving the application of analytic methodologies to business operations data to provide business intelligence for enterprise performance analysis.
- Asking critical questions about our business and deploying advanced analytical talents in pursuit of the answers to drive a culture of data driven (fact-based) decision making.
- Immerse in the product and competition to stay abreast of industry standards and trends, review best practices and recalibrate as necessary.
- Professional presence, polished communication skills and proven ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of employees.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Innate interest in and desire for continuous learning and personal development.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
Qualifications – Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, Math, Statistics, or similar quantitative field; MBA a plus
- 7+ years of experience in analytical and strategic roles
- Experience working with data and performing product- and business-level analysis
- Expert level proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Database query language experience a plus.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze complex data from disparate sources into distilled, actionable information needed by senior leadership to answer critical questions
- Demonstrated experience operationalizing analytics and insights into business processes
- A high sense of urgency, ability to multi-task and work under pressured timelines
- Exposure to Retail, Catalog and eCommerce businesses a plus
- Comfortable working with ambiguity with outstanding verbal and written communication skills