Jazz Pharmaceuticals is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases - often with limited or no options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in key therapeutic areas. Our focus is in neuroscience, including sleep medicine and movement disorders, and in oncology, including hematologic and solid tumors. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecule advancements, biologics and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in more than 90 countries.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
This role will support US Medical Affairs activities and ensure coordination of key activities across the North America Medical Affairs Leadership Team. Reporting to the Executive Director, North America Medical Affairs, Neuroscience, this individual will require an understanding of the scope of Medical Affairs activities as well as excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Establish process for tracking top KOL engagement across Medical Affairs and coordinate with other functions to track overall spend and ensure balanced approach.
- Support Medical congress planning and activities, including management and coordination of KOL engagements, scientific coverage, report templates, and scheduling.
- Coordinate Veeva updates to ensure seamless automated report generation, ability to adapt to changing environment, and end user support.
- Establish and maintain JazzShare (shared) folder structure to support North America Medical Affairs.
- Coordinate with GMA colleagues to ensure processes/SOPs support regional needs.
- Coordinate insights reporting to across field-based and internal medical activities.
- Support and track submissions through MARC review process.
- Coordinate with North America Business Operations to streamline and track vendor managed projects such as MSL discussion groups, advisory boards and other projects.
- Support development of framework for Medical Society engagement across functions to ensure strong collaboration and thoughtful use of budgetary support.
- Resolve administrative problems by analyzing information; identifying and presenting solutions.
- Craft and revise systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices and implementing changes.
- Guide department employee actions by researching, developing, and updating administrative policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; presenting developments to management.
- Prepare and distribute monthly management reports, ad hoc reports, summaries, or analyses as required.
- Coordinate departmental Brown Bag Seminars.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A mature and self-assured team player who will work well with all other functional areas and can effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization and develop a cohesive relationship among the team.
- Demonstrable leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and timeline constraints.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, being able to rapidly gather, assimilate and disseminate information on critical project components and milestones, and to translate to internal or external stakeholders assigned to projects.
- Detail focus with ability to manage technical/scientific aspects as well as operational components of logistics, timing and quality.
- Proficient in computer systems across a variety of software, particularly Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Projects, Teams and PowerPoint)
- Strong working knowledge of Veeva systems and capabilities as applied to Medical Affairs
- Project management experience preferred
- Strong understanding of Medical Affairs function and processes with 2-3 years of experience within Medical Affairs preferred
- BS/BA in the life sciences or in a related field; an advanced degree (eg., MS, PharmD, or PhD) is advantageous; with 5-7 years professional experience supporting Projects/Activities within the Pharmaceutical Industry, or similar relevant experience
- Possess an understanding of both the pharmaceutical industry as well as the related regulatory/compliance environment
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.