Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure (EPHF), allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
For years, Abbott’s MEDICAL DEVICES businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁnger sticks.
We are seeking a high-caliber Sr. Manager, Manufacturing Engineering, who will manage the planning and completion of manufacturing/production engineering projects. This will include designing and developing manufacturing processes, tooling & fixture design, and process development products to meet daily production and new product development schedules while enhancing productivity and product quality.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and implement short and long-term strategic plans to ensure process development and manufacturing systems are in place to meet business objectives.
- Develop formal project plans to include the proposed technical approach, budget, and key milestone completion dates for all assigned projects.
- Initiate and drive cost-saving initiatives to improve gross margin.
- Anticipate and resolve highest-level issues and conflicts that could impact operations success.
- Work with Production and Continuous Improvement functions to develop effective manufacturing processes that meet quality, cost, and supply chain objectives.
- Prepare high-level technical reports, analysis, recommendations, and presentations reflecting the status and results of projects.
- Work cross-functionally with Finance R&D, Quality, Clinical, Regulatory and other departments as needed to ensure effective new product transitions into production.
- Hires and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback. Sets goals which align to department plans and manages the execution of goals through coaching and mentoring.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- BS in Engineering; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 12 years manufacturing/process development experience, with minimum 5 years of technical staff management experience and 3 years of project management experience involving coordination of cross-functional teams.
- Progressive experience in leadership positions in manufacturing or process development engineering
- Substantial technical experience and high-level problem-solving aptitude
- Significant experience leading and implementing major engineering programs
- Experience with statistical techniques (e.g., DOE, SPC).
- Experience with Lean manufacturing techniques, value stream mapping, and continuous improvement methodologies.
- 5 years prior experience in medical device manufacturing preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
• Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
• Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
• Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
• The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.