Our client, an American biopharmaceutical company that researches, develops and commercializes drugs, is currently seeking a Sr Manager, Finance Process Improvement for a 3+ month temporary position with the opportunity for an extension. The position is located in Foster City, CA.
By working for our client, you will be exposed to a large global company, work in a fast-paced corporate environment and be an integral part to the team.
In addition to working with the world’s most recognized and trusted name in staffing, Kelly employees can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Paid holidays
- Year-end bonus program
- Recognition and incentive programs
- Access to continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
Pay range: $85.00 – $95.00/hour
This position will be onsite in Foster City, CA.
The Senior Manager of Finance Process Improvement is an important leadership role to drive continuous improvement across company’s business processes and systems in Record-to-Report (RTR) and Procure-to-Pay (PTP) process areas. The role is in the Controllership function and reports to the Associate Director of Business Process - RTR and PTP. This role will be based in Foster City, CA. Finance Process Improvement Lead continuously improves and simplifies company’s business process landscape by incorporating leading practice principles that will enable scalability and improve the control environment to support growth.
Success in this position is actively and effectively engaging business partners and key stakeholders to deliver on the initiatives identified as part of roadmap to achieve the overall roadmap for the Record-to-Report and Procure-to-Pay processes.
- Strong understanding of Record-to-Report and/or Procure-to-Pay leading practices and applying them
- Effectively manage process improvement projects and or enhancements
- Identify process synergies, develop standards and enhance policies/procedures across worldwide processes
- Determine and scope projects based on challenges identified in the end to end process
- Ability to assess the RTR and/or PTP processes with an integrated end to end approach
- Advocate for sharing of leading practices across regions and drive continuous improvement through metrics (e.g., what does success look like?)
- Establish and participate in the project prioritization process and partner with IT for delivery
- Process improvement concepts
- Ability to engage business partners
- Understanding of Six Sigma concepts
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Work with a global finance team
Knowledge and Experience
- 3+ years of experience on identifying, owning, and delivering on Finance process improvement initiatives
- 8+ years of combined experience in Finance and IT organizations. In IT, the experience should include business engagement with Finance.
- BA or BS degree in Business or Accounting.
- Strong understanding of the Record-to-Report and/or Procure-to-Pay process.
- Strong understanding of Oracle Financials Suite
- Understanding of management reporting tools (e.g., Hyperion and OBIEE)
- Prior management consulting experience is a plus.
- Experience in working with global projects and teams
- Strong presentation and communication skills. Strong PowerPoint skills are a must.
**Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Please submit your resume to be considered for this position by pressing the “SUBMIT RESUME” button below.
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.