Sr. Manager, Engineering (Data, ETL, and Analytics)
Our Threat Insight is an enterprise network security product focused on providing capabilities that empower our customers to detect and track adversaries in real-time.
Our mission is to use the power of information to detect, track and dismantle hackers' means of attacking our customers. Our team has seen all sides of the equation, as attackers and defenders, in addition to the complex engineering required to solve these problems at scale. Our software helps security professionals get an unparalleled view into their networks, perform forensics on security incidents and build effective early warning systems.
We are looking for a Manager to lead a growing team of experienced engineers by providing leadership, strategy, direction and development expertise. This team is responsible for building and maintaining our SaaS data storage, ETL and analytics pipelines.
We are looking for someone who is able to independently develop strategy, manage complex engineering projects, communicate effectively up, down and across the organization, and coach and develop their team. At the same time, this manager should be a top notch engineer with deep understanding of SOA and Data Analytics systems and infrastructure. Ideally, you will exhibit a can-do attitude, and approach work with vigor and determination. You should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a professional and fast-paced environment.
Core Job Role
- Provide technology and managerial leadership, vision and passion to your engineering organization.
- Recruit and retain top engineering talent.
- Maintain high morale and motivate engineers to go above and beyond.
- Provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members.
- Assign areas of ownership, and ensure engineers have clear priorities and adequate resources.
- Maintain and improve unified processes for software development and operations to meet the highest quality standards, scalability and reliability.
- Participate and lead architecture discussions and planning with Product Management and other stakeholders to deliver software that meets customer needs.
- Develop scalable, and sustainable architectures using best of breed open source technologies with a strong focus on resilience & security.
- Lead the overall execution and on-time delivery of engineering projects.
- Communicate status, risks, and offer mitigation strategies to ensure on-time delivery of all committed projects to cross functional teams and upper management.
- Contribute to our strategic technology/product direction.
- 10+ years of professional software engineering and architecture experience.
- 3+ years of leading small/mid size, multi-role engineering teams.
BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related major.
- Experience designing, building and delivering software as a service.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms, software design.
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
- Knowledge of monitoring, benchmarking, diagnostic and performance optimization tools.
- Experience with Data Storage and Analytics is a plus.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.