Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an IT Process Improvement - Sr. Manager, responsible for managing and maturing the IT Service Management (ITSM), ITIL and other IT processes. This role will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of a continual service improvement program responsible for maintaining and improving ongoing quality in IT services. The IT Process Improvement - Sr. Manager will assess, prioritize, mature, and monitor key IT Processes, required for delivering superlative IT Services to the Enterprise. This individual will develop relationships across IT Organization, to ensure IT processes are being adopted and outcomes are being realized. This individual also researches, analyzes & evaluates gaps in the current state of ITSM and develops a roadmap to address them. The ideal candidate will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This role will be accountable for the outcomes of ITSM and ongoing improvement activities. This position will report to Sr Director - IT Strategy and Enterprise Architecture.
If you are located in Alabama, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and manage IT Process Improvement program and infrastructure
- Define Service and Process improvement roles and responsibilities
- Coordinates improvement with service owners to identify improvement opportunities
- Works with service owners to defines key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Coordinates with process managers to develop metrics for improvement
- Oversees gathering of baseline data so it can be assessed against captured data for improvement
- Ensures monitoring requirements are defined and carried out by process owners/managers.
- Makes sure monitoring tools are in place to gather data
- Liaises with various service managers in the organization to facilitate implementation of new or improved service processes
- Regularly report on progress of Service and process improvement initiatives to Leadership
- Communicates quality improvement goals and vision to service managers/owners
- Single source for communications regarding gaps and improvements in service levels
- Collaborate with UHG/Optum teams
- Oversight and Governance of ITSM, ITIL and IT Process improvements
- Performs a variety of tasks, as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or TQM certification
- 7+ years of experience managing IT Processes like ITSM, ITIL
- Experience with program and project management, business delivery, or management consulting role owning end-to-end delivery
- Strong acumen across multiple practices including, Problem Management, Change Management, Release Management, Service Catalog, CMDB and Operational Risk Management
- Strong understanding of ServiceNow platform
- Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Interpersonal relationship strengths for managing disputes and driving change in behaviors to meet performance goals, in a matrixed/federated environment
- High degree of comfort with business and technology language
- Ownership mentality with a deep sense of accountability over results
- Expertise in ITIL practices for IT service management
- Process oriented mentality
- Practical knowledge of applied statistical analysis
- Expertise in defining and tracking Lead measures, Lag measures, KPI related to IT processes that would clearly measure and demonstrate value of IT
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of ITIL Continual Service Management processes
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Practitioner or Service Manager Level ITIL Certification
- Experience in Project Management methodologies
- Experience in Healthcare industry
- Self-motivated/directed person who can embrace role and drive change
- Comfortable interacting with multiple teams and leaders on a regular basis
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of an organization (verbal and written)
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Sr. IT Process Improvement Manager, IT Process Improvement Manager, Senior IT Process Improvement Manager, ITIL, Quality Management, Process Improvement, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, Birmingham, AL, Alabama