SENIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER 100% REMOTE
An industry leading life sciences client is looking for a senior level Industrial Designer to be the lead for a new initiative within the Analytical Instruments group, which is responsible for creating scanners, electron microscopes, etc. There is a new line of analytical instrument products that the company is rolling out and they need this consultant to come in and develop a cohesive design and brand language for this new line of products.
SENIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER REQUIREMENTS:
- 8+ years of Industrial Designer experience
- Experience with Solidworks
- Experience with Keyshot
- Knowledgeable of Adobe Creative Suite/ Photoshop
- Experience developing brand designs for full suites or families of products
- Experience conceptualizing, developing, and designing new visual brand languages (VBL) for new or existing brands
- Must be able to provide a design portfolio
SENIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft sketches and illustrations of potential products or work on enhancing an existing product to make it more appealing to consumers.
- Use blueprints, detailed drawings, or computer-aided designs to demonstrate product potential.
- Consulting team about design requirements/expectations.
- Work with engineering, marketing, production, and/or sales departments to establish and evaluate design concepts for manufactured products.
- Test designs in focus groups or surveys.
- Develop industrial standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Take part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Participate in and lead design reviews
- Lead and facilitate a project's design development process through sketching, model building, applying materials, etc