SHR Talent is currently seeking a Sr. Graphic Designer (Bible) with experience in designing and typesetting complex content for a globally recognized client in Grand Rapids, Michigan! This is a full-time remote opportunity until further notice . This role will be part of the company’s in-house Content Design team supporting multiple Academic, Reference, and Bible publishing group.
This role requires an individual with the technical ability to handle complex designs with content that is heavily footnoted, indexed, and full of tables and images. In addition, the candidate should have project management skills in hiring and managing outside vendors. Strong and appropriate execution is crucial for success in this role. The Sr. Graphic Designer (Bible) must be exceptionally organized and able to manage a demanding schedule in a fast-paced environment.
Applicants must include access to their portfolio for consideration.
- Work simultaneously on 10-12 projects based on publishing cycle.
- Design and typeset high-quality Academic and Reference interiors in collaboration with editorial, art directors, marketing, and production.
- Take initiative in each project to problem-solve, trouble-shoot, and demonstrate consistent follow-through to meet deadlines.
- Properly manage projects and report progress.
- Translate text scenarios and requirements for design into effective technical solutions.
- Coordinate the creation of interior illustrations/artwork and photography.
- Execute with a focus on file performance, scalability, and usability as well as content reuse and integrity.
- Maintain quality control throughout the entire publishing workflow process.
- Responsible for pre-press operations to prepare print ready PDF for the printer.
- Collect all necessary files and documents pertaining to a project and archive following established procedures.