The Eurofins Sensory, Consumer & Product Research Team is making our future more fun. Developing healthier, more natural snacks. Creating new foods with plant based proteins. Drawing out the winning flavors for kids. Bottling that new energy shot. Making sure that new foods and beverages are manufactured safely and consistently. We are consumer researchers, expert chefs, food scientists, chemical engineers and statisticians, all committed to creating food people want to eat and benefit from. Join our team!
Eurofins Sensory, Consumer & Product Research is searching for a Sr. Food Scientist in Livermore, CA. The position can be Full-Time, 40 hours a week or Part-Time, with flexible hours.
Sr. Food Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP/FSMA/ Food Safety/ HAACP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Plans and designs specific activities required by the projects and distributes activities to Laboratory Technologist or Intern based on skill sets
- Executes experimental, analytical, and sensory work on both bench and pilot scale
- Writes reports, formulas, data and communication that is thorough and ready for the client with little or no editing required by supervisor
- Ensures lab notebook maintenance SOP is followed
- Seeks out information/facilities to get the job completed
- Collaborates with internal and external resources (suppliers, consultants, professors, service providers and other third party people) to find solutions
- Ensures appropriate and timely communication of key information among client, team and supervisor
- Establishes and maintains professional rapport with client
- Adds insight and value to discussions, understanding client needs
- Organizes and participates in meetings and conference calls
- Reads and responds to emails, phone calls in a timely manner
- Assists team members to carry out such communication duties as necessary
- Independently coordinates pilot and plant trials: develops trial plans and protocols, serves as liaison between the manufacturing plant, client and development laboratory for trial
- Independently drafts, structures and executes project plans. Submits to supervisor for review Identifies appropriate phases and deliverables and determines resource needs
- Writes pilot and plant trial reports
- Maintains documentation, organizes computer and hard copy files and records in lab notebook for corporate records and sharing.
- Keeps updated and educated on relevant news, literature and findings in the industry
- Trains less-experienced staff
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Travels to various Eurofins and client locations to support studies and projects
- Travels to technical conferences to represent Eurofins
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- BS or MS degree in Food Science or closely related field, with 8-10+ years of experience; or PhD with 5+ years' experience or a combination of experience and education indicating an ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Supervisory experience 3+ years
Ideal candidate would possess:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and independently work
- Ability to draw insightful, accurate interpretations from data
- Knowledge of product development of a wide variety of foods and beverages, food processing, and basic equipment operations including: understanding the chemical, microbiological, and engineering effects of operations, thermal processing, packaging materials, project management, and experimental design
- Ability to design, develop, and write complex, experimental testing scenarios
Position is either full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. or part-time, up to 30 hours/week with flexibility, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Livermore, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.