Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission.
We are looking for a Sr. Director Human Resources, Engineering to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This role will report to EVP, Chief People Officer, supporting the Engineering organization and will be based in San Jose HQ Office.
The HRBP will support the Global Engineering organization in a dynamic and collaborative environment. You must have the ability to function in a fast paced and innovative environment, be a self-starter and not be afraid of problem-solving complex issues. You will partner with a cross-functional group of subject matter experts to craft and execute strategies for how we retain, engage, develop, and design work to maximize productivity and employee engagement. You will need excellent interpersonal skills, project planning, and critical thinking skills. This position will report to the Chief People Offer.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Organizational Development and Design – Support management on change management initiatives and lead HR work streams as required, with a data-driven approach, and strong focus on revenue realization. Provide guidance and expertise in organization structure and design to ensure support of the short- and long-term goals of the organization. Identify and manage key metrics and analytics to support decisions driving the people agenda for the business. Accountable for ensuring country legal and legislative compliance at all times.
- Business Strategy – Work with Business Leaders to execute on existing Operating Plans and develop plans to further improve profitability and revenue growth (support change initiatives and other key initiatives). Provide strategic direction to the business in the development and execution of the HR strategy plan in line with the overall business strategy. Function as partner and confidante in all areas of Human Resources and work to address issues identified. Lead workforce planning for assigned client group(s), ensuring short term and long-term talent requirements are identified and action plans developed in partnership with the talent acquisition organization.
- Talent Management - Deployment of all relevant Talent Management processes in assigned client group(s) to ensure identification, assessment and development of talent required to deliver business objectives. Champion talent management in the organization to ensure improved attraction, retention and development of staff which improves performance of the business and builds the bench strength of the management team. Coach and develop the leadership team to work cohesively and effectively, building on their management capabilities and ensuring that they improve the performance and output of their own people resources. Work with the business to identify and develop appropriate business and customer focused development programs. Drive effective implementation of the performance management processes to accomplish strategic initiatives.
- Engagement & Culture – Communicate and reinforce the company's values, beliefs and philosophies about people to enable us to develop a high performing organization. Enhancing company culture change by diagnosing current and desired states, gaps between them and actions necessary to move from one to the other. Ensure equitable and consistent management of the company's compensation programs working with Compensation and senior management in reviewing business needs and attracting and retaining key talent to ensure competitiveness within market.
- People Management and Cross Functional Teams - As senior leader on the HR leadership team, the position will be required to lead cross functional teams on a project basis to improve talent outcomes, employee experience and HR operational delivery.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Experience as Senior HR Business Partner supporting engineering organizations is a must.
- Experience gained working across multiple industries sectors
- Experience of working in the high-tech industry and managing transformation of technology capability
- Experience leading multiple organizations through business transformation
- Strong understanding of Comp & Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Talent Development and Organization Design
- Excellent analytical skills including experience of workforce planning, business reporting and a fact-based decision-making style
- Passion for performance coaching and management at all levels, particularly executive levels
- Strong communications and influencing skills
- Project management and coordination skills with the ability to deliver complex change projects
- Bachelors’ degree required
- 20+ years of applicable HR experience
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we strive toward a 100% renewable future. Our Energy Servers are adaptable to new and innovative fuels while already acting as a cleaner and far more resilient source of power than existing solutions. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world’s energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.