Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
Our location in Santa Clara, CA currently has an opportunity for a Sr. Digital - Market Development, Marketing Manager.
The Sr. Digital - Market Development, Marketing Manager will spearhead the development and implementation of global content strategy for Abbott Vascular business lines and portfolio initiatives across the buyer journey and content formats (thought leadership, podcast, webinars, video series) to drive customer engagement and market impact. This role will both champion new approaches and operationalize and scale new content marketing efforts. The role owns the crafting interesting and well-researched content that drives traffic and engages key customer segments, as well as the building of content calendars, creating content delivery process, and contributing to key deliver channels.
This role will act as a liaison between the global marketing team and the commercial teams around the globe, bringing co-creation programs with Abbott’s leading global customers to life. This includes rollout of upcoming communication plans, developing new tools, programs and pilots to bring the initiative to market by defining a clear playbook for how we connect Thought Leadership to Abbott’s administrative customer engagements.
This role will also act as a liaison with the digital health team which is actively developing and piloting new digital products, solutions and services to improve the value proposition of our portfolio.
This role will also be the marketing champion for developing the divisional sustainability plan and creating programs to support the vision. This role is an individual contributor role that will work closely with a cross functional team consisting of global and regional leaders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO - JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Owner of divisional digital content marketing strategy including webinars, whitepapers, podcasts and other content strategy
- Demonstrate strong command and ownership for personas, content strategy principles, content management systems and processes
- Planning and orchestrating key customer activities with the main objective of showing measurable improvement in engagement and customer follow up.
- Produce high-quality webcasts, articles, white papers, email marketing messages, case studies, presentation content, survey reports and web copy
- Continuously measure and improve content performance; create reports leveraging analytics tools
- Work closely with senior leaders, marketing teammates, commercial teams and other departments to create effective communications strategies that articulate our product’s and portfolio’s core benefits as well as the vision for the company properly and consistently
- Interact with content specialists, writers, graphic designers and internal team members to create and review all content & ensure consistent message
- Push the business to adopt better content creation practices through frequent testing of new content formats and distribution channels, including championing the increased use of data visualization
- Edit content produced by the team, including conceptualizing the projects upfront, assigning projects and overseeing development and copy-editing prior to publishing
- Ensure all published content complies with brand and digital guides, usability and accessibility standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING:
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE/TRAINING REQUIRED
- Associates degree.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in communications, marketing or related field; advanced degree preferred.
- 7 years of experience. Medical device experience a plus
- Experience working with a broad range of content platforms is strongly desired
- Experience leading content initiatives with measurable business impact
- Experience in thought leadership platform development
- Experience in developing and executing co creation programs with enterprise customers
- Strong editorial acumen – writing, editing and storytelling
- Fluent in digital analytics, metrics and reporting
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
- Deep passion and experience in understanding the customer journeys and unmet needs
- Ability to translate the customer insights into actionable content strategy
- Proven track record in producing world class content marketing strategy in a company with a complex product portfolio
- Solid experience in producing webinars, webcasts and virtual trainings
- Ability to analyze and present content performance, Build and track benchmarks for measuring success and ROI
- Solid understanding of multi-channel marketing fundamentals
- Ability to influence without authority
- Results-oriented; proven ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results through self and others under time pressure.
- Clear, effective communicator—verbally and in writing—with the ability to be persuasive
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with counterparts in a cross-functional capacity
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.