Ref ID: 00340-0012022055
Our client, a technology company based in San Jose is hiring a Sr. Commercial. Counsel. This Senior Commercial Counsel role will serve as a key member of the company's legal team with a focus on partnering with the business teams on a variety of in-bound transactions, such as licensing, intellectual property development, SaaS and a variety of joint and outsourced design, development, and other technology transactions in the context of the company’s strategy and end user markets. This position can be fully remote!
Responsibilities And Duties
- Advise and collaborate with products, engineering, product line leadership, product marketing, sales, marketing, supply chain, talent and culture, IT, finance, professional services teams and product operations teams on a full range of issues related to commercial contracting for inbound and outbound activities.
- Review, negotiate and draft a wide variety of technology-related agreements such as master purchase agreements, master services agreements and related statements of work and change orders, development agreements, design agreements, device development, co-promotion agreements, supply agreements, consulting agreements, joint development agreements, SaaS, software licensing, design services and consulting arrangements, and nondisclosure agreements.
- Collaborate closely with business teams across different functions and applying appropriate judgment and problem-solving skills to achieve deal objectives.
- Advise and represent company’s interests in commercial disputes and litigation, including working effectively with outside counsel where relevant.
- Assist in the continued development and revisions to commercial agreements and contracts clause playbook to support the legal function.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop and implement improvements for scalable and effective processes, including the contracting process.
- Drive implementation of continuous improvements for scalable and effective processes, including the contracting process.
- Other projects and duties in support of legal function and company programs.
Interested candidates should send apply with updated resume and reach out to Bishwanie Sookhai, 510.977-8257.