Leidos has an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Business Development Manager and Specialists focused on our Military Health and Veterans Affairs business, in Reston, VA; Austin, TX or San Antonio, TX.
Leidos, formerly known as Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) which is a Defense, Aviation, information Technology Company headquartered in Reston, Virginia that provides Scientific, engineering systems integration and technical services.
There is relocation available!
If you are looking for the next step in your career, and have experience building business pipelines, executing the Business Development process, maintaining a high win probability, and growing business within the Health domain with one of the largest Defense, Aviation and information technology companies out there, we want to speak with you! The growth potential is endless!
The selected individual will be held accountable for identification, qualification and capture of business development opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the Division’s and Operation’s forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will plan and recommend BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth in the healthcare Domain.
As the Sr Business Development Manager or Specialist, you will:
- Proactively identify new business opportunities.
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budgets, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Work with program and management team in call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution.
- Serve as Capture Manager for selected opportunities, either all the way to award or in the early capture phase.
- Participate as required in the Leidos business development process, including pipeline reviews, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Collaborate with Leidos Account Managers, IDIQ PMs, other BD personnel, capture, and line management to support cross enterprise objectives and customer engagement.
- Support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline.
- Interact routinely with various levels of management, functional leads, other staff, and customers.
- Brief business development status to senior management when material changes occur and as required by the Leidos business development process.