Nevro (NYSE: NVRO) is a global medical device company headquartered in Redwood City, California. We are focused on delivering comprehensive, life-changing solutions that continue to set the standard for enduring patient outcomes in chronic pain treatment. The company started with a simple mission to help more patients suffering from debilitating pain and developed its proprietary 10 kHz Therapy, an evidence-based, non-pharmacologic innovation that has impacted the lives of more than 80,000 patients globally.
Nevro’s comprehensive HFX™ spinal cord stimulation (SCS) platform includes a Senza SCS system and support services for the treatment of chronic trunk and limb pain and painful diabetic neuropathy. Senza®, Senza II®, and Senza Omnia™ are the only SCS systems that deliver Nevro's proprietary 10 kHz Therapy. Nevro’s unique support services provide every patient with an HFX Coach™ throughout their pain relief journey and every physician with HFX Cloud™ insights for enhanced patient and practice management.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Senior Accountant will report to the Associate Director, Accounting and will need to demonstrate technical competence to handle duties related to month-end close, maintaining the general ledger, inter-company transactions and consolidation process. Responsibilities include:
- Build strong relationships with the team, counterparts, peers, and external auditors with whom we conduct business.
- Drive process improvement initiates to increase group effectiveness and efficiencies surrounding close process.
- Responsible for the monthly general close process which includes running various month-end reports, opening, and closing of sub-modules.
- Participate in month-end close activities including coordination and monitoring of month-end close schedule.
- Prepare and record journal entries in accordance with GAAP and perform various balance sheet accounts reconciliation.
- Ownership of the monthly consolidation process, including eliminations and foreign currency revaluations.
- Review monthly reporting package and reconciliation prepared by company’s external accountants, prepare, and record necessary elimination entries and perform reconciliation of all intercompany balances.
- Responsible for recording all non-A/P and non A/R transactions.
- Maintain Chart of Accounts.
- Assist with various SOX control preparations and reviews.
- Analytics of KPI for finance department.
- Prepare quarter end and year end audit schedules and assist the auditors with their inquiries.
- Perform various ad hoc analysis for finance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CPA or CPA in process, work experience in accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience required
- ERP system experience, QAD preferred
Skills And Knowledge
- Experience working with international subsidiaries and branch offices in multi-currency, multi-country environment.
- Knowledge of GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with others.
- High proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables and Vlookups).