You'll work with in one of our US offices and be part of McKinsey's Healthcare practice. Our healthcare practice is home to 500+ colleagues in North America consisting of consultants, deep content and technical experts, technologists, and operational leaders. We come together, as blended and diverse consulting teams to improve healthcare. Our healthcare practice serves North American payors, providers and services companies and works with both public sector and private sector healthcare organizations.
Our practice is organized around domains, which house intellectual property and expert practitioners, Centers of Excellence, and cross-functional special teams working to bring a distinctive approach to our clients in practice priority areas like digital and analytics. This position will be a part of the Revenue Excellence domain, with distinctive capabilities in the areas of revenue cycle management, pricing and growth.
You will be on a team supporting Managed Care Contracting efforts, including provider value proposition, payer and segment strategy, strategic pricing, terms and conditions, strategic partnerships, value-based payment models, contract negotiation strategy, and contract management. You will manage projects or workstreams that significantly improve Managed Care Contracting performance, such as supporting contract negotiations, standing up strategic pricing functions and driving development of technology assets that help our clients fulfill these goals.
You will work directly with client leaders and front-line operators to drive change that is critical to successful realization of goals.
In this role, you will support healthcare providers with optimizing price, improving payer contracting, and growing volume through contracting and payer partnerships. Our engagements are typically focused on topline growth solutions that leverage cutting edge assets, expertise and pricing capabilities that enable providers to excel along the full Managed Care Contracting life cycle. You will be working on topics such as strategically aligning rates with value provided, identifying opportunities to improve terms and conditions of managed care agreements, and shifting to value-based payment models. Through this effort, you ill develop invaluable experience in topline growth strategy, managed care strategy, and analytics working with leading providers across all major US markets.
We engage at a deep level across our clients' businesses, working in small teams to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results and then ensure those results are sustainable. Our work is about problem solving, coaching, and delivering lasting outcomes to our healthcare clients.
* Undergraduate degree; advanced degree a plus, ideally in a quantitative discipline (statistics, mathematics, economics, operations research, engineering, computer science) or healthcare discipline
* 8+ years of professional experience in a healthcare environment with network design or Managed Care Contracting experience such as provider value proposition, provider network design, provider engagement, payer and segment strategy, strategic pricing, terms and conditions, strategic partnerships, value-based payment models, contract negotiations strategy and contract management.
* History and/or exposure to managing projects or programs that significantly improved Manager Care Contracting performance, such as supporting contract negotiations, standing up strategic pricing functions, driving development of technology assets, etc.
* Familiarity with Managed Care Contracting concepts, e.g. exposure to contractual payment mechanisms, service codes, and terms and conditions, ideally with exposure to product development or implementation
* Enthusiasm for analytically intensive work, and learning about analytics, technology and healthcare
* Understanding of statistical and advanced analytics methods, e.g. descriptive statistics, predictive analytics, machine learning
* Confidence sharing your views and perspectives with senior clients and colleagues
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
* Comfortable traveling ~80% to client sites