Job Description Summary
BD Biosciences (BDB) is a leading provider of high-quality flow cytometry and single-cell genomics solutions, scientific research and clinical laboratories. Here, we are leading the way by developing the best technologies that have the ability to look closer at the details of cells and diseases.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most meaningful global health issues.
The Software Project Manager is a technical project leadership position leading the software development for product advancements in the flow cytometry space. The individual would have responsibility for working multi-functionally to understand end-user needs and requirements and own carrying out the implementation of the designs that meet these requirements on time, with quality.
The responsibilities can include, but are not limited to: defining a software development plan in alignment with program and business teams, coordinating software design team in designing critical features and functions, managing the software development lifecycle, including all documentation and process deliverables, leading software change review board, facilitating the execution of software implementation using Agile/Scrum methodologies, coordinating with other R&D teams (hardware, embedded software and systems) to ensure product-level requirements are met and leading all aspects of design qualification via unit, functional and workflow testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ability to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities.
- Ability to build and implement plans while constructively dealing and reducing ambiguity.
- Ability to communicate aspects of the project and filter messaging based on the target audience.
- Unafraid to ask hard questions.
- A deeply curious mindset about new insights.
- 3 years of post-educational professional experience in the healthcare / life sciences domain.
- Experience driving and delivering projects which involve integration with multiple different teams.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Prior experience and consistent track record leading complex projects.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Scientific subject area.
- Master of Business Administration.
- Proven knowledge of software development practices.
- Shown ability to quickly understand technical concepts in a wide range of fields.
- Solid understanding of applicable standards for medical devices: FDA QSR, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 62304.
- Previous experience leading large, global software development efforts in the Healthcare IT space.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and trends.
- Leadership, mentoring, organization and coordination skills.
- Proven customer focus, learning agility and situational awareness.
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA CA - San Jose