Experis - A Manpower Company is engaged with one of the technology clients. We are looking to help our client to identify Software Engineer. It's a Remote Full Time Opportunity. Great company to work with!!
Position Title: Software Engineer
Duration: Full-Time opportunity (Direct Hire)
Location: San Jose, CA
The Software Engineer II is an experienced developer position that works primarily in design, coding, testing, and supporting software products and related materials to meet customer requirements in the Heavy Equipment industry. The Software Engineer II performs tasks using formal software development methodologies and specified R&D and/or departmental procedures.
- Design and implement software modules. Create design documents and module specifications from the direction of other software engineers, project leads, or supervisor. Create interfaces to or from other applications or databases.
- Code programs or modifications to existing programs or modules.
- Develop application test plans. This can include regression, integration, or full system test plans.
- Perform debugging, unit, and system level testing on programs.
- Coaching and mentoring other developers.
- Update and review object, module, program, and application documentation.
- Review and provide input to technical writers, training developers on application specific publications, on-line help implementation, and if appropriate, training class development.
- Develop and implement application test plans, including both integration and full system test plans for publications, software and training materials.
- Create program specifications to ensure proper direction during development.
- Participates in code reviews for other development projects.
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent education/experience.
- 5+ years programming experience required.
- Training and experience with Agile software development.
- Analysis and design experience.
- Experience and training in formal testing methods helpful.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with at least 5 years of programming experience or a Masters degree; OR in lieu of a Bachelors degree, at least 7 years of direct programming experience
- Understanding of utilizing Agile and Scrum software development methodologies
- Knowledge of backend programming languages like C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server or Postgres is a must
- Knowledge of frontend programming languages like Angular JS or React JS is a required
- Working knowledge of AWS or Azure is nice to have.
- Ability to document, track and monitor a problem/issue to a timely resolution
- Knowledge of operating systems is must
- Collaborative problem solving ability and self-motivated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with prioritization