PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA.
- Write Python programs to implement Machine Learning functions and maintain revision in Github. Utilize advanced technologies, for modeling enhancements
- Build a high-quality BI and Data Warehousing framework, implementing and operating data pipelines with an understanding of ML lifecycles
- Understand end to end nature of Apple DB to organize proper sample size, proper key pull and minimize SQA issues with maximum efficiency
- Drive development of data products in collaboration with data scientists and analysts. Automate reporting where possible to make team more efficient
- Be able to analyze factory, user, and failure data and use engineering understanding mechanisms to resolve battery problems.
- Work with diverse teams including data scientists, engineers, product managers and executives;
- Deliver high quality analytic insights from a very data warehouse
- Provide ad-hoc reporting as necessary (sometimes urgent escalation)
- Develop test scripts for various devices.
- Maintain continuous operation of hundreds of devices in labs.
- Write programs for data filtering, organization, reporting. Write programs for uploading to and maintaining data in SQL database. Develop basic data management and selection programs on SQL.
- Maintain software traceability through GitHub
- 0-2 years as data scientist, data engineer or analyst. Battery Engineering experience desired. Working knowledge and experience with big data.
- Strong working knowledge of Python, Unix tools, Perl, Github and Tableau. Basic knowledge of SQL databases, TCP/IP commands, Minitab, JMP and in bash/Perl environment.
- Candidate must have solid competency in statistics and the ability to provide value-added analysis.
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial experience and ability to interact with other functions in matrix environment. Proven creativity to go beyond current tools to deliver best solution to the problem. Familiarity with database modeling and data warehousing principles.
- Experience in designing and building data models to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data. Improve ETL efficiency
- Experience building scalable data pipelines using Spark, Hadoop, etc. preferred
- Desirable for experience with Apple OS, such as iOS, MacOS, etc.
- MS or Ph.D. in Battery Engineering, Software Engineer, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research or related field. CSSBB, CQE desired.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$