Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America's diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock' banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company's customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
We are seeking an SR Software Engineer: SR API Developer to join our Wells Fargo's newly formed Digital Payment Micro-services (DPMS) team. This candidate will develop innovative best-in-industry micro-services utilized by internal and external clients providing financial services to millions of customers. DPMS software developers are part of an agile team, partnering with groups worldwide, to solve challenging and interesting technical problems. Engineers must build highly secure Digital Payment systems that will be used by multiple internal and external systems.
This position is part of Digital Channels and Innovation Technology group that manages Wells Fargo Retail Online Banking serving 40+ million customers 24/7/365 days. Our Mission is to support our company's Vision & Values by delivering; maintaining and supporting high quality software solutions that provide our customers with outstanding digital experiences helping them manage their financial needs.
In this position, the Engineer will apply Wells Fargo Digital Banking coding practices to test-drive the creation of micro-services with Java, JEE, JUnit, Spring, RESTful services. Must be able to work on Early Warning Systems (EWS) API's and utilize Mitek application from FiServ 3r party software for OCR (Optical Character recognition). The engineer participates in the growth of a framework that has to deliver 20+ million daily user sessions to very large set of devices used by our diverse customer base, from the oldest web browser to the newest smart watch. Web Developers have the confidence and skill to write code that works in ways our customers expect.
The engineer will contribute new ideas to improve processes, practices and culture. DPMS engineers are given the opportunity to innovate and experiment with new technology, encouraged to participate in contests & hackathons along with presenting the ideas to other organizations.
This is a full time opportunity with a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits package including a generous PTO program and many other benefits. For additional benefit information visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits/.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of JavaEE experience
- 7+ years of Java experience
- 7 + years of Java Web Services experience
- 1+ year of MongoDB experience
- 1+ year of MQ Series Messaging experience
- 1+ year of experience in building integrations with Oracle Maxymiser Web Optimization platform
- 1+ year of experience in application performance monitoring and optimization using BlazeMeter, JMeter, Splunk and AppDynamics
- 1+ year of experience managing off property Application Programming Interface (API) orchestration and integration
- 1+ years of experience in Hadoop ecosystem tools for real-time batch data ingestion, processing and provisioning such as Apache Flume, Apache Kafka, Apache Sqoop, Apache Flink, Apache Spark or Apache Storm
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of test driven application development
- Ability to design, develop, and implement large scale/complex software applications
- Knowledge and understanding of design and development of modern web applications and mobile technologies
Other Desired Qualifications
- Extensive Experience working Java 8
- Worked with Open API 3.0
- Worked with JSON schema
- Experience in building RESTful services with JAX-RS
- Worked with build automation tool like Maven or Gradle
- 3+ years of experience in front end application development, operations and automation using React, Redux, AngularJS and Node
- 2+ years of experience in building integrations with data analytics and Tealium tag management platforms
- 2+ years of managing teams building CQRS, event sourcing and data streaming based microservices
- 3+ years of experience in building cloud-native conversion strategies
- 2+ years of experience in building and deploying microservices and cross channel restful APIs using Apigee, Consul, Resilience4J and Redis
CA-Fremont: 3440 Walnut Ave Bldg A - Fremont, CA
CA-San Leandro: 794 Davis St - San Leandro, CA
CA-Concord: 1755 Grant Street - Concord, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.