Requisition Title: Software Developer - Networking and Database
Requisition ID: 160175BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact and supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division: San Jose, CA - Austin, TX Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division
How will you make an impact?
- As a Software Engineer, you will join a dynamic team of software developers, scientists, and engineers to participate in the specification, design, and implementation of web browser based and cloud-oriented software related to the analytical instruments and applications.
- These instruments and technologies make a real, positive, and strong impact on the lives of people across the globe.
- You will be able to contribute strong networking and database and programming skills to solve problems in the biomedical domain and will have the opportunity to learn and grow in software design and development, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, and such.
What will you do?
- Design and develop software modules for network management, service registration, database replication etc. using a combination of C#.net, C++, Python.
- Develop software for the management of labs and lab instruments, sample data generation and curation of data obtained from instruments, and telemetry data analysis of biomedical instruments and their data sets.
- Advance the group’s capability by in-depth research, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Develop new algorithms for driving new insight and results in the field of biological data sets.
- Work with external academic collaborators as well as with field support in troubleshooting and reproducing customer issues, when required.
How will you get here?
- Bachelors’ or masters’ degree or is graduating in the summer of 2021.
- Degree should be in one of the fields - Computer Science or Computer Engineering with strong software focus.
- No minimum experience is required, however interesting projects as part of undergraduate/graduate work showcasing software capability is preferred.
- The interview process will include significant coding exercise in the language of your choice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Very good understanding of TCP/IP based network communication and micro service architecture.
- Adept in using common data structures, design patterns, object-oriented design and algorithms used in programming.
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases and some familiarity with Cloud technologies.
- Excellent programming knowhow with either C# or C++ or Java.
- Ability to manage competing high priority tasks and adapt to changes in priorities.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to review and evaluate design and code of others.
- You should be clear and effective in communicating and illustrating complex ideas, complex problems, and proposed solutions.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.