Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY & HEART FAILURE, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for executing campaigns across multiple channels and geographies to enable sales and build the Abbott Brand. This role’s success is built upon the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the business, product, customer, distribution channels, and competitors while applying their perspective and expertise in marketing communications to execute global plans.
- Create and execute measurable, multi-channel communication strategies and sales enabling campaigns to support the commercialization of Abbott Heart Failure solutions.
- Collaborate closely with peers in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Congress/Events, Public Relations and Creative Services to align on product launches, campaigns, process, strategies, best practices and efficiencies.
- Partner and collaborate with outside agencies/vendors to ensure initiatives meet expectations.
- Produce communication materials on time and on budget while using established department procedures and tools.
- Assist in content strategy for specific tier 1-3 events and congresses in close collaboration with Congress/Events, Creative Services, Digital Marketing, PR and Brand peers.
- Assist in content strategy and development for digital channels, such as web, social, email and paid content marketing.
- Liaison with specific geographies, such as Europe, Canada, Latin America and Asia Pacific, and provide direction to ensure consistent global messaging and strategy.
- Act as primary lead for ad and promo regulatory reviews.
- Manage inventory of all print and digital marketing materials according to compliance/regulatory requirements to support internal and external customers.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- 5+ years professional experience in marketing communications, advertising or other similar field within the Medical Device Industry or another regulated industry.
- BA/BS degree required, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, English.
- Proven track record of delivering measurable, successful multi-channel sales enabling communication campaigns.
- Strong knowledge and experience with SEO, SEM and Social Media best practices.
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint, including adapting text into infographics and ability to “clean up” slides to provide pleasing aesthetic and nice usability for presentations.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of interdisciplinary teams that include product managers, designers, agencies, and marketing automation teams.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and able to independently manage multiple projects towards aggressive deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.