Senior Platform Engineer - 100% REMOTE Python, Django, ReactJS, AWS @ Fast-growing Real Estate Tech SaaS Startup!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Luke Swift
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $120,000 - $160,000 per year
A bit about us:
We help connect our customers to real estate agents and help them save money in the process (sellers get a discount on commission, buyers get a rebate on their home purchase).
We are now seeking a Senior Platform Engineer with a background developing customer-facing SaaS and web-based applications experience, primarily with Python (Django) and React.js. In this role, you'll do a lot of paired-programming with several members of our team the first few months in order to familiarize you with our existing systems and to build relationships with the rest of the Engineering team. You either should enjoy it or at least be willing to do paired-programming, otherwise this isn't the right opportunity for you. They should be well-versed with server-side technologies such as RESTful APIs, Amazon Web Services, CI/CD tools, and databases (PostgreSQL/NoSQL).
Lastly, this is a great time to get in on ground floor working alongside the Founders, CTO, and a key hire in shaping the way the organization's future goes. If this sounds like you, please apply now!
Why join us?
- Marquee Product!
- WORK FROM HOME!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
Day to Day:
- Develop, maintain, and enhance our powerful SaaS platform
- Take ownership by creating your own technical specs because as a small team, you are given personal ownership of the planning processes.
- Collaborate a lot with each other and with product stakeholders.
- Participate in the spec processes for new features and epics on our roadmap, and you'll help others resolve issues when they have questions about certain parts of the codebase that you've gained familiarity with.
- Establish strong working relationships with individuals inside and outside of Engineering, and you'll have a clear understanding of both our customer journey and the workflows of our internal stakeholders.
- Tackle small bugs and features while performing root-cause analysis for bugs independently, escalating to other teammates when you need a second set of eyes.
- Use the business context you've picked up to discuss the priority of features and bugs in the backlog.
- Advocate a new trend or tool that will help us perform root-cause analysis more easily when issues come up.
- 5-10+ years of Software Development experience
- At least 2 years of development experience on a consumer-facing SaaS or web-based application products
- Experience and/or willingness to participate in paired-programming (No Exceptions)
- Advanced with Python programming
- Experience with Django or similar python web framework (Flask)
- Experience with RESTful API design & development
- Experience with RDBMs (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases
- Experience working within an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment
- Familiar with CI/CD and DevOps tools and best practices is highly desired
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.