Location / Division
San Jose, CA | Sunnyvale, CA | Austin, TX / Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
How will you make an impact?
In the role of Sr. Software Architect DevSecOps you will be an engineering leader supporting and being a part-time member of agile development teams focusing on building our next generation scientific platform. Right away you will be at the forefront of developing groundbreaking capabilities that will help accelerate the science done by our customers.
We are looking for someone with a strong software engineering background who wants to help lead DevSecOps engineering in a complex environment and is passionate about developing exceptionally reliable and secure infrastructure for our applications. You will share the mission of providing our global customers with tooling to deploy and manage our solutions whether on bare metal on premises, private clouds, or our public cloud SaaS offering.
In this role, you will build strong relationships with cross-functional engineering team members and scientific platform stakeholders, building solutions for our customers, and serving to educate the organization about DevSecOps best practices.
What will you do?
- Architect solutions and drive best practices to provision and maintain Kubernetes environments in private cloud and on premises for maximum reliability, performance, and extensibility
- Strengthen our product offerings related to application delivery and overall SDLC with clearly thought out and well communicated DevSecOps product definition and designs
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional engineering team members and scientific platform stakeholders
- Stay up to date with new DevSecOps technologies and processes, and determine how to translate these into future capabilities for our teams and product managers
- Lead technical and code reviews, architectural decisions, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure up-time for live systems
How will you get here?
- BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field
- 9+ years combined experience in DevSecOps and Software Engineering related roles including Architect or Lead Engineer
- Hands-on experience automating the provisioning of Kubernetes clusters and related infrastructure for development teams and production systems: multi-cloud and on premises K8s experience preferred
- Experience authoring Helm charts and supporting microservices team deployments
- Design, test, integrate and oversee deployment of auto provisioning and de-provisioning in resilient and highly available environments
- Experience developing declarative build and release pipelines with Azure DevOps Pipelines, Jenkins, or similar
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Track record of developing unit and integrate tests for IaC and custom software to verify infrastructure and service configuration and performance
- Background configuring monitoring and alerting with Prometheus/Grafana or similar SaaS tool such as Google Cloud Monitoring, Datadog, AWS CloudWatch
- Strong practical administration skills in public cloud environments - AWS and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) preferred
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes concepts including cluster architecture, work scheduling, networking, and storage
- Solid background in Linux, Docker, and automation scripting in one or more of the following languages/tools: Bash, Terraform, Python (AWS CDK, boto)
- Knowledge of web application Security best practices and ability to act as a liaison between Security and software development teams
- Understanding of GitOps Continuous Deployment practices and declarative infrastructure
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- Terraform Associate Certification
- GCP Associate Cloud Engineer
- AWS Certified Solution Architect Professional
- React development experience with Electron
- Google Anthos, Cloud Monitoring and Logging, Google Alerts, Stackdriver
- Experience with Argo CD, Git, Ubuntu, CentOS, Nginx Ingress, KVM, JFrog Artifactory, Jena Fuseki, PostgreSQL, K8s CSIs, Grafana/Prometheus, Grafana Loki, ELK
- Experience with Big Data Technologies, such as Apache Spark
Keywords : DevOps, DevSecOps, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, IaC, AWS, Google Cloud, GCP, Bash, Terraform, CI, CD, GitOps, Python, React, Electron
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.